Holding events and other “let me show you” venues brings people into your business! I strongly believe in direct mail when extremely targeted to a special interest, (key demographics like age, income, interests, activities and more). Add direct mail into your marketing mix for events along with social media, print advertising and public relations.
For Hot Springs Village, I launched and managed a triathlon (TRItheVillage) with DLT Events, a Zombie Run & Trail Tour also with DLT Events, British Car Meet, Motorcycle & Scooter Show, Visitor Center Grand Opening, and several Real Estate Open House Events.
Zombie Run & Trail Tour Video
Videos by Renee (Village volunteer):
2013 TRItheVillage video
2012 TRItheVillage video
It is extremely important to have a social media strategy for any business today. Currently, I oversee 30+ Facebook pages along with Instagram (brand new), Pinterest, Vimeo, Flickr and Twitter for Hot Springs Village.
The HSV Marketing Department has formulated a strategy to use social media to promote the community as a whole as well as each of its individual products.
We have also re-designed all Facebook covers and profiles so that each product has its own brand identity; (consistency for each brand is key, something the Community struggled with understanding for a bit, but now each product has its own materials, logo, colors, fonts and look – its own brand).
When I first arrived to HSV POA as the Marketing Manager, the community website had over 5,000 pages and the look was far from professional; no concrete brand… a jumbled mess! I created and implemented a new website: HSVpoa.org. The website is currently updated to be in-brand while insuring the navigation remains easy and content concise.
Mini websites (aka microsites) are also great for products and services such as the Ouachita Sports Trail (PlayOST), Basecamp (an outdoor adventure group) or the Ouachita Rod & Gun Club. I currently oversee and manage several sites like these below:
Hot Springs Village Property Owners’ Association, Hot Springs Village, AR 2011-Present
Marketing Director & Operations Project Manager
Launched the Marketing Department for the community and currently manage all communications, public relations and staff members. Developed a new brand and oversee strategies to maintain its integrity, implement internal and external marketing, develop material for various campaigns and promotions, incorporate social media, and manage leads. Introduced the POA to multi-market trade shows that increased visitors. Prepare presentations for the board of directors and oversee cross-functional department collaboration as well as various IT improvement projects.
- Expanded the media procurement budget by $150,000 through strategic negotiations and partnerships.
- Launched new materials that increased prospects for the community by 150% and created a customer relationship management database.
- Reduced overhead by over 15% by developing an online presence through new websites, social media and other forms of digital marketing, and by digitizing various operational procedures and systems.
- Created a public relations division within the Marketing Department that successfully garnered national attention on television and in major print mediums at no cost. The community was subsequently awarded Top 5 Retirement Locations on CBS News.
- Researched, successfully proposed, and plan to launch a new IT system for the community that will streamline operations and reduce overhead by 40% within 3 years and increase revenue by at least 30% when activated.
- Restructured Permitting & Inspections Department, developing and launching an online store that has reduced overhead by 15%.
- Developed, launched and continue to manage a visitor center for the community, providing a key point of interception for guests and prospects.
- Programmed, created and launched the Ouachita Sports Trail; within two months the online golf booking system paid for itself and is running at a profit generating extra revenue for the community.
- Improved resident quality of life and increased real estate sales by planning and launching a triathlon, Zombie Run, Motorcycle & Scooter Show, and British Car Show along with other events. Implemented clubs and activities for residents such as the Rod & Gun Club and Basecamp (an adventure sports group).
- Collaboratively developing a new magazine, titled Ouachita High Country, to promote the region and its events.
- Voted Best POA Employee for 2014.
WellCare Headquarters, Tampa, FL, 2010-2011
Marketing Program Development Specialist
Assisted with department development, planning and tracking, lead management, advertising creation and trafficking, media negotiations and budgeting, procurement, reporting, and assistance in communications and public relations.
- Generated material for direct mail campaigns, print ads, brochures, flyers, personalized sales team tools, program presentations, digital marketing efforts, and promotional items.
- Increased sales by launching a web-based marketing portal that increased material access for the sales team and by creating an event point-of-sale store.
Capricious LLC, (DBA Giulio), Westwood, NJ & Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2011
Executive Director & Giulio Barcelona USA CEO
Launched and directed the U.S. Division of a Spanish company managing all initial staffing, operational procedure creation, ongoing operations, marketing, branding, strategic planning and business plan writing, as well as public relations, media buying, accounting, and communications. Assisted the parent company on-location in Barcelona to streamline operations and increase product development and design, as well as worldwide marketing and public relations. Oversaw all planning, logistics, and operations for international marketing events.
- Generated over $500,00 in sales within 1 year of launching the U.S. division.
- Revitalized an established brand for the U.S. and Asian markets, thus expanding product sales on an international scale.
When employed by Thomson-Leeds as an Advertising Account Executive, I was able to work with clients from idea creation to designing, production and distribution. One of my favorite projects was creating a Sales Rep Tool for Hunter Douglas…. the instruction book we created to company the hands-on display was a ‘How To Flip Book’ with me as the model… blush!
— – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Thomson-Leeds Company Inc., New York, NY, 1998-2001
Advertising Account Executive
Solely managed custom point of purchase display creation accounts from sales to design, creative, production and distribution for prestigious companies, such as Nintendo, Hunter Douglas, Warner Brothers, Coca Cola and more.
- Increased sales by 25% for Hunter Douglas through window advertising and point-of-purchase displays over the course of 6 projects.
- Increased Thomson-Leeds’ revenue by 10% after developing a business plan and launching a new promotional product division with an online store.